Monday, June 30, 2008

Another use for utensils!

The Lord has been so good to us these first 3 days! He has blessed us with so much more money than we had expected, which has been put to the practical use of purchasing a cordless drill for drywall as well as other tools. We all arrived here safely & healthy on Saturday, including Bruce, our worship leader. Here is the scoop from Saturday:

Sppppooooonnnnnssss!!!!!! After familiarizing ourselves with our new abode for the week, thegroup was divided into grocery shoppers & gamers. I was in the latter group. We started with Apples to Apples. Then I taught Ryan & Tucker how to play "There's a Moose in the House", a less-known card game but one which I highly recommend. In regards to fun & laughs, these games warmed us up for Spoons. Spoons is perhaps the greatest game for large groups around! The object is to grab a spoon from the center of the table after someone has obtained a 4 card match. If you fail to do this, you recieve 1 of the letters in the acronym "G.R.P.C.", which represent your chances before elimination. You can call me a Spoons veteran because of my experience playing it at Middletown House Church. However, others in the group were playing it for the first time, so I decided to take advantage of their ignorance. While everyone passed along the cards expediently, waiting to make a 4-card match, I sneakily stretched for a spoon without making contact. After I had carefully withdrew my hand, the others decided to echo the motion. Soon all of them except for my dad, who had glanced at my cards & discovered my sceme, grabbed a spoon as I quietly snickered. I held up my hand of 4 random cards & declared, "I fooled all of you! You all get a letter!" All the "spooners" were in an uproar! Needless to say, I have not witnessed a single soul who fell for that trick again! Ryan's hysterical giggling & the excitement in our hearts were the fuel that kept us going during our first evening in New Orleans.
All righty y'all, I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed. I have not even scratched the surface of the wonder of what this week of fellowship beholds! I'll keep you posted. May the Lord of the Force be with you!
In Christ,
Ben Springer

No comments: