Wednesday, July 2, 2008

St. Roch: A new start and a new chapter will begin

Today we worked side by side with Laurie, a volunteer from Maine. She has been been working at St. Roch for a year now, so it was awesome to learn from her. The jobs we did were: shoveling mud, dirt, and sand alongside the church and curbside, then we used a pressure washer. In the words of "Tim the Toolman," (Taylor from The Home Depot) he would say this is a real man's kind of tool, RRRRRRRRRRRRRR. After completing the jobs that were priority to the church, I went with a group of people (Ben Springer, Bob Umberger, and Deb Welch) to hand out fliers to the community inviting them to an event called "Feed the Multitudes," which will take place this Friday. (July 4th) For this event, we are going to volunteer at City Park to help hand out groceries for "Feed the Multitudes." It's going to be a great day of worship and fellowship, passing out groceries, and helping with everything that will be taking place. Also on July 4th, since it's Indepence Day, we will go and see Fireworks on the riverfront that night at 9 PM and probably go to the French Quarter for dinner at a restaurant. That will be a fun night.

There is someone back home whom I miss very much, my adopted little brother, Matt Bragg. I miss and love you. I can't wait to spend quality time with you when I get home and share all the experiences I have encountered on this trip. P.S: You better behave, OR ELSE!!!
To my brother in-laws, Matt and Mark. Also to my other family members: Amie and Christa, Emilie, Lizzy, Nate, John John, Abigail and Madison, I love and miss you guys, I can't wait to come home and share with you this awesome experience that God is doing and what he is going to do in the next 10 years to bring hope, stability, and most importantly bring God back to the communities of New Orleans. There is a song called "God of this City," (which we have sung on this trip) and it talks about there is so much more to take care of and with God EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

-Steve Ledden-

No comments: