Sunday, June 28, 2009

And so it begins...

After our long day of travel and a brief birthday celebration we got settled into Firehouse(our home for the next week). Steve and I were on shower guard duty tonight when it was so clearly revealed to us why we need shower guards. Two police cars rounded the corner and stopped a man on bike. They began a series of questions and patting the man down while Steve and I read 1st Peter and discussed what the next day's devotions would be. This would be the reason that we lock ourselves in at night! PSALM 27:5 says, "For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." After all the excitement we revealed to team 1 a little about what their first full day in NOLA will look like. We will be attending church tomorrow at St. Roch, a PCA church plant located in the eighth ward. We will be able to start serving the people first thing in the morning by taking nursery duty so all of the congregation can worship together.

1 comment:

marion said...

glad to see everyone made it safely. i do hope to get myself and my daughters down there one day. In God's timing.