Thursday, July 2, 2009

Meet Wanda

Today (Thursday) we were passing out flyers for the event this weekend called Feed the Multitudes. We saw Wanda sitting on her front porch. We walked up to her to give her a flyer. We said hello and gave her a flyer. She looked at the flyer for a minute and said "Wow, this is going to be a beatiful event." She said this over and over again. When we seized the opportunity, Mrs. Massey asked Wanda if we could pray for her. She said "Oh yes. Could you pray that I get a job and a home." "Isn't this your house?" asked Mrs.Massey. "No. This is my mother's house. My home was destroyed in the storm." Wanda answered.

After we assured that we would pray for her she continued to comment on the Feed the Multitudes event. "I can't wait to see this. This is going to be wonderful." she went on. "I'll definately be there"

Unfortuantly we asked Wanda if we could get her picture but she was a little uncomfortable with the idea. I wish I could have shown you the smile on her face.

As we walked away I think I still heard her saying,"This is going to be beautiful."

No comments: